Broughton Place, Constantia, Cape Town

The area of Constantia known as The Avenues has long been considered one of - if not the - most desirable areas of this exclusive suburb. As the first secure estate in this prime location, Broughton Place offers not only a fantastic lifestyle, but a sound investment for your future.

Set on stands ranging from 1374m² to 1506m², all eight of the properties were sold 'off plan' prior to construction commencing and the development was completed in December 2015.

The Houses

  Banbury - House area: 520m²  Plot area: 1393m²

Located on the west bank of the River Cherwell, this historic Oxfordshire market town is best known for Banbury Cross, from which the famous nursery rhyme draws inspiration. It is thought that the 'fine lady' the rhyme mentions refers to a 'Fiennes lady', namely Celia Fiennes, just three miles away at Broughton Castle.
 

  Wroxton - House area: 665m²  Plot area: 1394m²

Records of this historic village go back as far as 1200, and is the home of Wroxton Abbey, a Jacobean mansion built in the seventeenth century. An ironstone quarry was worked here through the first half of the last century and even had its own railway, the Oxfordshire Ironstone Railway.
 

  Culworth - House area: 699m²  Plot area: 1506m²

This small village in south Northamptonshire dates back to the eleventh century, with the remains of a castle from that period still evident. During the eighteenth century, Culworth was home to a gang of highwaymen, known as the Culworth Gang. They terrorised the surrounding area for twenty years before most of them were brought to justice.
 

  Edgehill - House area: 643m²  Plot area: 1374m²

The battle of Edgehill in 1642 was the first major battle of the English Civil War. During this period Broughton Castle, seven miles away, was a Parliamentarian stronghold with Sir William Fiennes at the helm leading the activism against King Charles the First. After the battle of Edgehill, Broughton Castle was besieged and eventually overrun by the Royalists.
 

  Adderbury - House area: 706m²  Plot area: 1480m²

The village and parish of Adderbury lies about three miles south of Banbury and is noted for the many honey-coloured limestone cottages and houses in the older par ts of the village, which is split in two by Sor Brook. The quaker traditon in Adderbury has produced several notable clock makers, Richard Gilkes being one of the most prominent. The tradition of Morris dancing has also been kept alive, and the annual 'Day of the Dance' brings dancing troupes from as far away as Australia and the USA.
 

  Somerton - House area: 722m²  Plot area: 1472m²

The village of Somerton dates back to Saxon times. Following William the Conqueror's victory at the Battle of Hastings, he gave most of the Lordship of Somerton to his half-brother Bishop Odo of Bayeux, who is believed to have commissioned the Bayeux tapestry. The oldest part of the village church, St James the Apostle, dates from the eleventh century.
 

  Shenington - House area: 695m²  Plot area: 1478m²

Shenington has a history of changing hands, be it between Lordships, counties or Kings. The Doomsday book records that Robert D'Oyly was farming Shenington on behalf of William the Conqueror. Other noteworthy moments in Shenington history are the crowning in 1810 of Thomas Cribb as the bare-knuckle boxing world champion after defeating former Virginian slave Tom Molineaux. Of more lofty interest, RAF Edgehill flight tested experimental jet aircraft during the Second World War on what eventually became Shenington airfield.
 

  Chacombe - House area: 750m²  Plot area: 1499m²

The original Chacombe Priory was founded in the twelfth century, but did not survive the Dissolution of the Monasteries when the Act of Supremacy made Henry VIII supreme head of the Church in England, removing England from papal authority. Chacombe was also home to a prolific family of bellfounders, the Bagleys, who between 1605 and 1785 cast more than four hundred bells for churches around England.
 
© 2013 The Urban Space Group. All rights reserved.